Sunday, July 05, 2015

My brain sins today.

I made a mistake today.

It all started with yesterday's ifthar. We had a little get together with the family. As usual we'd either have Siti's legendary nasi kerabu ayam percik or nasi padang take out from Hassan's. Considering Siti just flew here from Kelantan, we decided to go with the take out. That means, one bungkus each, no compromises, one piece of ayam kampung each, and of course the extras of lauks that you know you don't want to miss, knowing it'll haunt you in your sleep later 'why didn't you take the meat?!' or the fish or the paru sambal, etc. So you ended up with an over flow plate of ramadhan's nafs.

That aside, the rice was really good. I mean I almost asked Pakteh if I could have a second one, but I stopped at the thought of suffering from a bad stomach ache of having to eat too much. Hence a good night sleep.

Having all that rested in my tummy, and of course a very clear image in my mind, it would be insane for me not wanting to have more. Especially during this dry, thirsty, hot day spent doing nothing but browsing through youtube and safari.

And this is how it went wrong just about a few minutes ago haha. A sudden crave for Nasi Lemak park village came, and it got me browsed through to check if they would open after maghrib till late night, but I couldn't find such information. Instead, the page was filled with its infamous nasi lemak and chicken and rendang kerang and telur mata pictures! Astaghfirullahalazimmmm!

Instead of dying a little inside (how I usually am when being dramatic and all), the crave wound up in my currently useless mind, worked up a little magic in there, and I can feel the nasi lemak at the tip of my tongue. You know, your nose suddenly sweats a little indicating the spiciness of the sambal, your throat is dried up, and inside of your mouth is watery a tad too much, making a small hole at the side of your mouth for the drool to flow. Sigh. I'm not lying guys, I swear.

I need that nasi lemak. Need.
Sigh. Makruh puasa.
There goes all my deeds today.

Happy 19th Ramadhan guys.
Assalamualaikum.

No comments: