Sunday, July 26, 2015

It's almost end of the month now, and these coming few updates are long overdue. Been trying to squeeze in a little time here and there, but didn't manage to pull if off.Work wasn't really tiring on fasting month, but I kept finding excuses to use whatever time spared for sleeping, obviously avoiding doing any chores hehe.

Assalamalaikum and hi :)

First and foremost, Happy Eid Mubarak.
Hopefully everyone had a blast raya.

My raya this year was definitely the weirdest I've ever had in my (almost) 26 years of living. Because I just started working, I did not have extra days off before raya itself, so we went to Kelantan straight after I signed off from work. Traffic was really smooth, smoother than most of my strawberry-chocolate milkshake from this new Boost joint in Cyberjaya (so sad), so dad speed off like a maniac. Apologies, but that really is a proper word to define how he drove that day, I could not even take one minute time out for nap.

Another thing is, I was only focusing on getting myself a job, I did not have the time to find a proper tailor to make my 'first day' baju raya, so I donned on an old dress I bought a year ago which I've only worn once, bolehlah. First day, I buried myself with kitchen chores and helped mum and aunts with the dishes, it was rather refreshing compared to mingling with other female cousins and gossip about unimportant stuffs. And then all of a sudden I found myself among the boys, except from smoking pipes and vapers and shisha, I was the one gulping down my nth litre of cold drinks down my pipes. Mann, Kelantan was hot.

And good news, I did not eat as much as I used to on the first day, not even three plates of nasi dagang *proud*

End of second day, I was already flying home due to duty calls the next day. Flight was smooth too, thankfully. I was all Subhanallah Walhamdulillah Walaailaahalillah Allahuakhbar for the whole hour until we landed. And the next thing on my mind was to find KFC to get my hands on those spicy chicken to eat with my nasi lemak I brought all the way from Kelantan hehe. Even Sam said "jauhnya tapau" ahaha.

Work resume for a week, and then there was yesterday.

I don't really know how to describe it, but I kinda like yesterday. Yesterday :) Everyone was super cool, especially his mom. Plus I get to meet Iman, so cute. Traveling was a little stretched out than usual, pity Sam had to drive all those long hours just so I get to see Lisa again. And Shawn cooked for us.

Among other things, amazing things, Sam has done for me by far, I was most touched by this.
He bought me my favourite Nasi Lemak Village Park, had it tapau-ed and we ate in front of the mosque. It was an impromptu picnic because the tables were all reserved, but it was fun nonetheless. I couldn't have it any other way.

But, in all chaos, busy, hectic, tired, you name it, he will always find the time to attend to his games. Always.
I bet he plays his phone while doing his business in the loo too. Hehe.

Selamat Hari Raya.
Maaf Zahir dan Batin.

No comments: