Not to brag, really, but I'd like to think of myself as someone that is easily contented. For some people who barely know me, or who might think they know me but really aren't, you might say this is untrue. But I have been living with myself for the past almost 26 years, so yes I dare say I am easily contented. And to add up to that, I'm not quickly bored over something.
For instance;
I can listen to the same workout playlist for a whole year,
I can eat the same dish everyday for a month,
I can watch the same movie over and over without yawning over,
I can repeat the same routine everyday (which have lasted a year the longest),
I can drink watermelon juice over and over again,
and I'm sure I can do so much more if I know what to be done haha.
Yes, I'm a factory labor by heart.
But, one thing that I am least fond of is, change. Nobody likes changes. They only like it if it benefits them, well who doesn't?
The same thing happened to me (to the whole country actually) when Mixfm changed the morning radio host. MY morning radio host. You see, I'm a huge fan of Sarimah Ibrahim, regardless of her not-so-good singing career. But she was a great actress, TV host, radio announcer, she's a sport, loud, excellent in conveying things in a right manner and choice of words, very funny, smart, and not to mention super pretty. I know she was getting married to a royalty bloke, so she had to stop everything concerning the media, but it was a really sad news to me, for me.
To me, Sarimah alone was enough for the breakfast show, but then partnering up with Rod was a great idea. She's crazy, and he's the earth to her sanity. So, okay lah.
And the new year came, the show was replaced by someone else. Aisyah Sinclair. Honestly, I never knew how much I disliked her. After listening to the first week of the breakfast shows, I hated her.
The thing is, I worked almost 14 hours everyday. I went home only to sleep and had shower, if not I'll have it in the gym. My time was fully occupied at the office, I had no time for other entertainments, TVs, movies, chitchats with friends, just no. So the only 'fun time' I get to have was in the car while listening to my favourite duo in the morning and Nadia in the late evening, which were all from Mixfm (I never had any other channel on my radio you see), so yes, not to much to ask for, I am very well pleased with that arrangement.
When it got changed, not only was I sad that Sarimah was gone, but I also have to bear with this new radio host who seemed like thinking she's cracking a joke but not, really, and tried so hard to appear as someone who is zero-grammatically wrong (even though she is -- mixblood and perfect english, thank you), and most importantly she tried so so hard to be ridiculously calm. Like dude, if you want to laugh, laugh, if you want to shout, shout (but away from the mic please), and if you want to make a joke, at least have the decency to be funny.
To my disappointment, I rattled out to Sam. He told me to give her a chance, to give her some time, because she was new. Of course I did not listen to Sam, I never do haha.
And worst, I had to switch to Hitzfm, they laugh more than they should, louder than they should.
And then July came. For no apparent reason, I felt like switching back to Mixfm breakfast show. Who knows, a miracle might happen. And it did, thankfully. Aisyah sounds more sincere, more fun, and more motherly-like (probably because she is a mother, duh). It was no Sarimah, but this will do. I started to listen to more of her and Rod and Prem. I must say, the rap is good (thumbs up!), the jokes can be improved though, and I definitely heard chemistry between the three. Kudos, and welcome aboard, Aisyah Jennifer Sinclair!
To Sarimah Ibrahim, you'll always be remembered :)
2 comments:
I can have my favourite dish - Nasi Ayam Penyet everyday for yearsss maigod i love it so much.
aishah - ahahaa same with meee! but particularly in klcc! the best tell yaaa
Post a Comment