Saturday, June 06, 2015

You, me and dupree in Langkawi.

Assalamualaikum and hello.

Sorry if it seems like posts are flowing non-stop, but here's a thing about blogging - it's addictive. Once I start, it is so so hard to stop. But when I stop, so bloody hard to start again. Perks of blogging I guess.

I know it's very early in the morning now (more like late night) but I have to start posting about Langkawi before the picture turns 18 years old themselves.

The trip was last year around November. And it was just me and my beautiful companions, whom I would say I can trust them with my life. It was so much fun, I always thought of having a getaway just us, again and again.

Everything was I believed to be impromptu. We drove all the way to Kedah and parked at the jetty, cross over to the island by ferry. Good thing hotel and car was booked beforehand, super thankful to them both. Arrived, checked ourselves in, had a little rest, and went out for a seafood dinner just across the street. Then later we paid a little visit to the chocolate factory haha. Who doesn't love cheap branded chocolates, no?

The next day was full with island hopping. Good thing we went just before the school holidays, the price was still cheap then. But it comes with consequences, being the service wasn't really top notch. We had to rush from an island to another, only on the last one was a little bit relaxed. I remembered Sam told me he used to charter a boat for the hopping, but it costed more. Well at the very least they had the boat to themselves and there was no need to rush.

Had a little parasailing while at it.
 My sister's attempt on looking creative and cute.
And why of course, the tourist pose.
Staircase to one of the islands.
 This is the view from the cable car top floor - majestic view, Subhanallah.
 The next day was all-land activities. We visited Mahsuri's house, entry was RM10.
That pretty duo!
 Enough wit all the walking, time for some Laksa Ikan Sekoq (haruslah indah kabar dari rupa)
Had the famous laksa just along the street behind the airport, so you get to choose a scenery of the beach or planes flying. Also tried the rojak, cendol and ultimately air kelapak.
Aaand, time to hit reality. And I had another 8 hours of driving (plus the jam).

All in all, I really, really enjoyed my time there with these people. Would not have any doubts to travel with them again. Adios.


Good night.

No comments: