Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Scotland: Ayrshire & Dunure

Assalamualaikum and hello everybody :)

One of the most memorable barbecue by the beach I had when I was little was the one where we had caravan to spent the night in. That was in Port Dickson, and it was a long, long time ago. I barely remember anything else. But alhamdulillah, I was given another opportunity to create another memory involving a caravan. And this time is even better! For one because I'm all grown up (and hopefully can remember this for a long time), secondly I have pictures (hehe), and thirdly it was not just Port Dickson but Ayrshire, Scotland! Can you believe it?!! Cause I surely can't :)

We rented a caravan at a place called Craig Tara, where it has a beach and other entertainment park. It is basically a holiday park specifically designed for families with small children.
The caravans. Ours was this one on the left :)
The mini living room. Cute is it not? Hehe.
The mini dining room and mini kitchen!
One of the bedrooms. You can choose your caravan according to how many bedrooms you want. And I forgot to snap a picture of the mini toilet, but don't worry, it's cute too! And equipped with water heater!
Telly service.
Breakfast for 10? No. Breakfast, lunch and dinner. Pack up, pack up, pack up, and on the road we go!
One of the pretty houses we saw on our way out.
Food shopping for four days at Morrisons! Morrisons is somewhat like the Tesco.
Seagulls at eye-level.
And you can feed them too!
The Robert Burn's, the Ayrshire poet, Cottage.
And this is just too cute to be ignored! Haha.

Unfortunately I don't have that many pictures at Craig Tara because was too busy playing all the games they catered, plus the weather was cats and dogs to even take out the camera, so. Oh well, better luck next time :) We then went to the village of Dunure, to see the Dunure Castle and Dunure Harbour.

The compulsory shot on the road along the way, with cows at the back! Did I mention Scotland has a lot of cows and sheep? Like A LOT a lot.
Tadaa! a part of Dunure Village.


The girl who loves to pose, my Kakak Amni.
Ready to go up!
Aaaalmost there!
Yeay we're there!
Phewh, penat jalan.
See that big yellow rock down there? We're up here now! It seemed so far, does it not?
The entrance.
The inside of it. Not much difference, really.
View from one of the balconies.
The back view.
To harbour we go!

Dunure is actually a fishing village.
Ignore the peacemaker entity haha.
The biggest anchor I've ever seen! (not that I've seen a lot of them anyway)
The shop rows, where they sell fresh fishes and everything! The rest of this village are houses, it's quite a small town, rather.

This is all I have for now, enjoy the pictures!

Next Post: New Lanark

2 comments:

@isHaH@but@lib said...

beautiful place. Lucky you are, Alya. anyway it's somewhat kelakar and interesting when you put the pictures in sequence of event with zee caption haha. mcm baca komik

Nik Alya said...

@ Aishah Abu Talib
Ahahah komik! Thanks nonetheless :)