Monday, January 21, 2013

Glasgow Part I : The exploration

And we're back to Monday again. Really hope I don't get the blues today, like I had last week - made me done lotsa crazy things over the net - Facebook one of the things. Hello everyone, whoever reads this :)

Usually I don't consider myself as someone who gets bored of something easily. But I guess everything has its limits. Especially if it involves repeating everyday for five months! But don't get me wrong, I do take pleasure in walking to work everyday. Only a certain 'path' can be quite the challenge to pass through. So I make new playlist every fortnight just to keep myself entertained in those 20 minutes of muscle-toning, and I sure hope wearing wedges would add up to it! Haha.

Surprisingly I forgot to make a new playlist today. With my good mood, I just put my entire folder into shuffle. Secretly hoping no dull songs would come out, one of my favourite songs three years ago was played.

You know there are two kinds of earphones nowadays (but if there are more than the two I know, pardon me) one that would just gently park itself just before entering your earlobe, and the other that you have to shove in a little, that would instantly make you deaf, shut yourself out from the world, and just make you feel like dancing to the music wholeheartedly. Or should I say whole-headedly? So mine's that one.

Just when I thought no one was watching, I danced a little to the beat of 'Taking Back My Love by Iglesias&Ciara', tapped my feet twice every step, and swiftly spin myself every seven steps. Simply because five was too little and 10 would be too much to count hahaha. I only noticed that I was giggling while singing the song when the guard at the end reach of the tunnel weirdly waved and smiled at me, I stopped everything I was doing. Quickly I shook my head, shrugged everything off, and change the song. Obviously, 'Taking Back My Love' is not good for my imagination. Trust me, they run wild.

The tunnel was a little dark today, they were fixing the lighting. The sphere kinda gave me a flashback of a year ago when I went to Scotland. The underground tunnel reminded me of the pathway out from the plane to the exit of the airport. Because we arrived so early in the morning, it was as dark as my journey today. Since we had a transit in Paris, we sat down for breakfast before heading to Edinburgh in the afternoon. For a moment, it was like living in a dream, or a drama, or living in rich people's shoe. Breakfast in Paris, lunch in Scotland hehehe.
So anyway, after arriving for what seemed like on a late lunch, we had that, unpack the bags and necessaries, freshen ourselves, watched a little TV and sleep! Because of the time difference and to avoid prolonging jet-lag,  yes we slept. Staying in Townhead, Glasgow made traveling easier considering all the train and bus stations are only five minutes walking. And Townhead itself is the heart of Glasgow, meaning all the shops are at every corner! Buchanan Street, Argyle Street, Sauchiehall Street - they form the main shopping artery in the city. If you're a girl, this could be your little heaven on earth! Hehehe. And then there's George Square which is Dataran Merdeka in a lot more civilised, clean manner. But I'm not ashamed of our country haha.
The apartment we stayed at. Honestly only five minutes away from the city. Can you believe my luck!
Buchanan Street - one of the three main shopping streets in Glasgow. If you can see, this street leads to way, way, way down there! Oh, this is morning the next day.
In the middle of Buchanan Street. We were to eager to see the city, we haven't showered! And because the weather was too cold for us, being asian :p
She's just too excited for this shot! And the street!
Breakfast :)
Ignore my retarded expression, I too was obliviously excited being here hehe. Behind and in front of me is the Buchanan Street, on my right (where the two ladies are heading) is the Sauchiehall Street, and to my left is the Argyle Street.
And this is the lovely George Square. Get what I meant? - the tidiness, the cleanliness, the civilisation. Don't you just love it here? George Square is somewhere near Argyle Street. 
Lookie look! It's one of Jamie Oliver's restaurants!
And this is Sauchiehall Street.
TopShop was having end of season sale, they had to monitor the number of customers to avoid getting sardine-packed inside the store. How convenient.

Because Glasgow has two sides, the west and east. But I call it the modern and traditional haha. Modern being all the sciences building with metallic featured buildings, and traditional being the ones you've seen above. So we had to take the tour bus, because the east side is quite far.
On top of the bus :D
The Museum.
The Gallery of Modern Art.

KFC! But of course it's non-halal.

Get what I meant by modern? Haha. 


It was just a short trip. So we continued walking and eating and walking :)
Their palace of justice main entrance.
The lobby. It's too beautiful not to snap! Drool.
Duke of York's memorandum.
We went inside a church, which is meant for viewing purposes (similarly like Putrajaya Mosque) at here, the Cathedral Square.
Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the 1st!
Inside the old church. It became an exhibition centre instead.

 Super neat.

 The windows. Beautiful is it not? The architecture I meant.
 This is basement, for extra classes on their teachings.
 See the pointy things back there? It's their graveyard. Some of them has tombs as big as the phone booth!
 Continue walking ...
 The tree is literally under the roof.
 We stopped by to refill haha and had this! Scones, scones, and more scones!
 That means 'go upstairs', I think.
 There are a few more exhibitions going on up here, but this is the only one that caught my attention the most!
The Buttercup Dairy :)

Next Post: Ayrshire

2 comments:

mira said...

Seronoknya al!every place in your pictures look beautiful and clean.i would really love to visit the castle konon2 nak feeling2 mcm dlm merlin or any medieval themed tv series.and i nak visit haunted places and listen to their eerie stories.hehe

Nik Alya said...

@ mira
They are beautiful and clean and breezy! Ahh too bad all the castles weren't as pretty as the one in Merlin. I read somewhere that they shot the castle scene in Paris? Idk. And no, there are no eerie stories hahaha.