Monday, January 28, 2013

Malay community in Glasgow

Assalamualaikum and hello :)

As obvious as it seems, the weather has not recovered from yesterday's madness. God knows how many gallons of ice cold water have I flushed in inside my body. Good thing I have not caught any illness, alhamdulillah. With this kind of heat, all I could think of is gulping a tub of Baskin Robbins strawberry cheesecake ice cream!

Oh wait, that was what I did yesterday at Alamanda hehe :D peace.

So, let us continue with the main intention of this post. My sister and I joined in Glasgow Malay community get together. Majority of them live in Govanhill, Glasgow - which is not that very far from where we stayed in. Most of the Muslims in Glasgow chose to stay here because of the Halal raw meat (chicken, cows, lambs, etc) and other Asian spices and of course, variety of rice choices. Govanhill is the only place in Glasgow that have all that sorts.

Some of them were students, some were imported lecturers, and some were imported workers.

We had the gathering at a lake park not far from the city. That day was, unlike my situation now, windy cold. The kind of breeze that gently land on your skin, swipe a little 'Hi', and passed by quickly before you can catch any hard knocks. It was simply amazing. Been two weeks in this country, but I can never get enough of the weather - not surprised, but thrilled nonetheless.

Anyway, let me bore you no more with meaningless writings, on with the pictures ...
 Kakak Amni and the ducks hahaha.
Erina and her 'toy'.
 Oh there's one lost swan from the herds.
 Tadaa!
 Ehe heh heh :)
Mak Teh wants a picture with them as well.


Look at Mak Teh, she's so excited with the ducks hahaha.

 Them.
 Ze foodzzzz aumm.
 Nothing feels better than a barbecue on a windy day.
 Yumms!
 Look at that little kid in the middle of the crowd.

Great, great people.
 And we played this game! Funny thing bout these guys, they wanted to win so bad, they tied the balloon so high up their leg, quite impossible to pop them! Started of with 15 people, all of which were 'murdered' quickly given the small space. When they reached six people, the size became even smaller, one foot less of one died. Never thought this kind of game would be so thrilling, with all the shouting, the clapping, the sound of the balloon popped! Haha. I was very excited, I forgot to do anything else.
 If I remember correctly, the bald guy won. Probably because he was so calm and cool.

That's all! Until next time :)

No comments: