Thursday, January 03, 2013


Be it in facebook or instagram or even the least of famous site being blog, it has becoming a trending to publicize the wedding. Am not talking about announcing the deeds here, because let's face it, acknowledging the crowd of your ceremony is a good thing. We are encouraged to inform people on our marriage so that it won't be taken amiss in the future.

What saddens me is that, we don't seem to be taking into account on what is supposed, rather what we want to show. The place, the list of guests, the shoes, the dress. Ou yes, the dress! Beadings, laces, pearls, swarovski, peplum, mermaid, tier, bare-back?

I am way out of place to say anything regarding the institution of our religion itself. I, myself, am not perfect in anyway. I just hope, on my wedding day ( which I hope would be soon:) ) those miscellaneous won't be a priority.

That, a simple white kurung/kebaya would be enough to mesmerize my future husband, the sheer veil accompanying me while greeting him, sitting and waiting patiently on the dais filled with excitement at the same time jitter-ish, with humility replaces the make up across my face.

That, for whoever he may be, all that I can prepare would suffice for the both of us. I do not hope or ask for a famous reception, or a celebrity guests, certainly not a world-class wedding. Enough for me to be confined by all that I love, InsyaAllah.

"You'll be my receivable and equity,
Never my payable and liability;
Like an asset, you're my necessity,
From Allah, take me as your responsibility."

5 comments:

@isHaH@but@lib said...

Perhaps, they seek for public's acknowledgements or recognition or compliments... I don't know. I just hope mine would not become one of those weddings. Biar la kecil, tapi berkat..

Jom race sape kawen dulu hehe

Nik Alya said...

@ @isHaH@but@lib

Jom! Confirm Aishah menang! Hahaha. Sebabnya I'm not looking :p

mira said...

I baru tau ada fashion peplum.banyak sgt fashion baru and im just clueless about em all.nanti bila kita kawin fashion apa lak muncul?futuristic?dress equipped with electronic robot voice?

mira said...

I baru tau ada fashion peplum.banyak sgt fashion baru and im just clueless about em all.nanti bila kita kawin fashion apa lak muncul?futuristic?dress equipped with electronic robot voice?

Nik Alya said...

@ mira
I have no idea darling :) But I'm sticking to the traditional InshaAllah hehe. And thanks for pressing the buttons twice! Haha.