Friday, January 04, 2013


Stumbled upon this in my reading for today, 


"No one can make you feel anything. Emotions are whatever you choose to feel. It might be an instantaneous decision—to choose to be happy or sad or offended or hurt—but it is still a decision." (After Hello, Lisa Mangum)

And it kind of makes me think of how I've been reacted to stuff that's happened in my life. I mean, I chose to feel how I feel, be it disappointment, or anger, or sadness, or happiness. I feel what I felt because I chose to. In some ways, that's an epiphany. I can choose not to feel a certain way, I can actually choose not to feel all the negative things I feel. 

“I’ve learned that sometimes you can only see what you want to see by changing where you stand. And standing somewhere unexpected can lead to unexpected discoveries.” (After Hello, Lisa Mangum)
 
It's all about perspective, is it not? You can not see what you want to see if you have been looking at it wrong. Maybe all you need is a little shift to the left or right, a bend forward or backward. 

2 comments:

@isHaH@but@lib said...

Couldn't agree more.

p.s. mcm best je buku tu? hehe

Nik Alya said...

@ @isHaH@but@lib

Uhm, can't really tell. That was only the gist of the book that I managed to read online. Haven't found the book in stores though :) Keep looking!