Tuesday, May 15, 2012

"Detail, that’s what you are, the world said. A minute and unimportant detail like we all are, it said. But I’d like to believe you’re so much more.  I’d like to believe that you’re not just a quote or an unfamiliar word, hiding somewhere in a book, waiting for people to find you and struggle to remember after a few weeks, a few months. I’d like to believe that you’re a whole book with a story so unique, so beautifully intricate that every word would sink into me and land somewhere very deep and I’d keep you to myself, if you don’t mind, because the world wouldn’t understand. I hope you know this, darling, I hope you know this because this world is going to tear you alive page by page, cutting your sentences short by tearing at whatever it can get at so I ask you to please trust me that leaving people with your words, parts of you, living deep inside them is always a good thing. I hope you know of a beautiful piece of you engraved somewhere in me before the world tears out all the beautiful parts of you and reduces you into something that resembles it and before you walk about empty and with no idea that you are the most beautiful literary work ever written."

No comments: