Sunday, August 29, 2010

Raya datang lagi !!

Bunyi title macam tuh, “Tora datang lagi!” punya iklan time kite semua kecik-kecik lagi. Chocolates bulat bulat dalam kotak kaler biru and ada gambar space or something. Ingat tak? Hi hi.

Anyways, this is one celebration that never fails to cheer me, every year. This year is going to be different, with everyone grown up. BUT. I'm glad (and proud) to be born half Kelantanese, knowing that the celebration there will be as joyful as always, the traditions have never faded. I'd like to share with all of you on how raya actually went for our family.

Malam raya, would be the most awaited moment. On that night alone, most of my uncles and aunts from various states (well, mostly KL) will arrive, and all the little cousins will be busy playing with the firecrackers. Unfortunately for us anak dara, we have to take turn in ironing our family members’ baju raya so that tomorrow morning won’t be such a hustle. Meanwhile the mak dara (I have no absolute idea why people keep saying mak dara, when truth be told, they’re obviously not dara anymore), will be busy preparing the dishes for the big day tomorrow. And memang nak ketuk kepada sesiapa yang tiba tiba nak buat rajin pergi dapur buat kuih raya (cornflake madu je pun kah kah kah), though it tastes like amazingly yummy. It’s not fair for all of us that the Dads get to sit around and kononnya discussing the guest list, pirah! It has always been a trend that we will sleep close to 5 am on malam raya. Biasa lah, bila jumpa all the relatives, kelab ketupat will be officially launched. Ketupat nya mana?

Next day, the most peaceful morning, each of us will be awaken around approximately 7 am, by the sound of clacking in the kitchen. That would be our beloved Moms getting the foods ready, and the trend has been like that since I was little, I guess. And soon after, the toilets would be full. The advantage would be to those yang abc (Allah Bagi Cuti HAHA!), tak perlu siap cepat 

Our open house is usually on the first day, dinner time. Tradition, it’s a barbeque night and everybody is invited, and on this particular event itself, I think I can gain more than 2 kgs immediately. Most of the neighbors will come, and how kind of the children our age to introduce themselves every year, knowing that we never remember them. Baik nya Sila datang lagi.

Well, let's see if this routine is going to be repeated this year. I'll tell you once I come back.

To the rest, Happy Blessed Eid, Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri, and saya nak minta maaf banyak banyak jika ada salah dan silap, humans are not perfect; we can't run away from mistakes.

2 comments:

Sera said...

aku tk tahu nk comment apeee , yang aku nampak

MAK DARA je

haha

"obviously not dara anymore" LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Nik Alya said...

derr betul la. kan dorang panggil cenggitu.