Saturday, July 03, 2010

The third terminal.

I never knew that my dad was the Old Bangsar/Kelana gang. No, I forgot. I seemed to forget a lot of things about my past. Be it happy or sad. After a few minutes lecture from my sister, I still don’t remember anything. She said, we used to hang out here when we were kids, when my parents were way younger. And the place is still there, it’s called the Dave’s Deli was it? - Something similar to that. Located in Bangsar. And there was also a seafood restaurant we constantly go apart from the famous Kelana Seafood, now the name changed to One Bangsar, I think. I only remember playing tennis and roller blades on weekends at Kelana Jaya, that’s all. Apparently, we were practically raised in Kelana Jaya and Bangsar HAHA! Ok that’s new to my collection.

And last night, my sister wanted to treat us with seafood, since I have been longing to have some crabs! Knowing that Kelana Seafood is already closed down, Dad drove us to Bangsar, hoping to find his another favourite seafood restaurant, but it turned out to be the big Bangsar Village Mall. He was shocked like hell. And then, Mom said “Tu lah, dah lama tak datang tempat sesak ni.” Aww, I knew they felt old already. It wasn’t a shock to me considering I always knew the existence of that mall (see, I never remember any childhood moments. HOW COME?).

So, on the jammed road, we turned back our way to Subang Terminal 3, the South Sea Seafood Restaurant. Located behind the old airport, now is the Sultan Azlan Shah Airport. It has been so long since we last went there, and the place has changed - better looking. But the price is still affordable, thank goodness!

Photobucket
Live crab (above) and lobster (below)!!
Photobucket

Photobucket
Abang yang kena jaga all the live seafoods :D

.. and these are among the foods we ordered.
Photobucket
eheh. Chinese tea with titbits.

Photobucket
White rice with bean curd.

Photobucket
Broccoli with crab meat.

Photobucket
Deep fried grouper with chili.

Photobucket
Buttered prawn.

Photobucket
Fried crab with curry leaves, chef specialty.

Photobucket
Simple dessert. Fruit platter.

Photobucket

Photobucket
They look alike hi hi :D

Photobucket
Kak Amni paid.

It’s a waste that all good restaurants have closed down – The Spur, The Road House Grill, the Kelana Seafood, the Bangsar Village Seafood.

You know, we almost forgot about football match that night, the quarter final between Holland and Brazil, until we heard the loud shouting of the word GOAL from the restaurant next door. And my Dad was shocked, again. Then, we heard the Chinese people from our next table said “1-0, Brazil leads” HAHA!

2 comments:

Mira said...

buttered prawn dgn brocoli w/crab meat nampak sedap!!!too bad i cant eat byk sgt seafood especially crabs, sbb nnti bibir aku bengkak macam angelina jolie.
and the crabs still nampak scary dowh!!not matter how many times i look at them, i dont see any cuteness in them!!

Nik Alya said...

hey macam angelina hot ape.. and the crab is cute! HEHE:D