Thursday, May 16, 2013

Taking a little break.

So many unnecessary musings, so many unnecessary rants. It is understated that I was not at my best mental state this past week. For some reason, I went through this seemingly endless spontaneous roller coaster. So I came to a conclusion to channel all of those unnecessaries on foods hehehe! Needless to say, there are times when foods would turn out pleasant and rather prudent, but more often than not, they can just be utterly nugatory, simply filling the idiotic nafs haha. You know how people keep telling you not to let your feelings bottled up? Humbly, I indeed live by this principal, and find solace through food.

What I would often do before selecting a meal, or rather make one, now that I'm slowly learning, is I'd stare through the menus/recipes and slowly plot my sense of indulgence. When I think I would be pleased with the food, then only I'd have it. Of course, the taste is magical and all is well until I weigh myself the next morning. An immense sense of regret seeps in and here comes "perut kenyang, hati senang, naik penimbang menangis sorang" hehehe. And this is when I convince myself to work harder at the gym. But that was then, I have stopped working out, and it feels leaden :( I have decided to eat healthy instead, starting with a good parfait!
I'm thinking of giving myself at least one week away from eating humongous-ly so that I could begin learning how to adapt to more proper ways of handling my bellyache. This has got me thinking of a number of measures we could take when we happen to be down in the dumps. The best thing we can do is speak to our God. He's always there for us and He heals us through mysterious ways. Interact with our family and friends. Engage in activities that can give us a boost of endorphin (exercising, eating chocolate, laughing). Take a few moments to think of the sufferings that people in war-zones face. They are losing their families, their homes. Compare all of that to what we're going through. Admit it, most of the time, the reason(s) to our sadness is/are pretty minor. Well technically, it's alright to actually let ourselves get soaked up with our sadness for a little while, but we just have to know when it needs to stop. By handling our negative emotions properly, not only we'll feel better sooner, but we'll look just so much better :)

So Alya, say goodbye for a little while to these ...

Ps. I have started applying for jobs, do pray for me! Thank you :)

3 comments:

Sera said...

3rd row 1st column, wot it that?

Nik Alya said...

@ Sera
Delicious's pavlova! The taste was so-so, wouldn't recommend it though haha.

Nik Alya said...

@ Sera
Eh salah, it's a drink from Tony Roma's hehehe!