Tuesday, January 29, 2013

A weekend full of Johore.

Hello and assalamualaikum peeps.

After five months of 'strenous' interning, I finally took a day off. Well, two days to be exact. The weather these past few weeks and the lack of resistance of my body towards infectious germs sparked a fever in me towards the end of last week and also, my eating schedule has turned into somewhat a huddle. Therefore I think I dare say I deserve a little break.

From my previous posts, I've learnt that I should at least get a tiny notebook and jot down points on what I find interesting during my travelling to about anywhere, because honestly, what I have written did not even touch half the experience I had, but alas I cannot seem to be remembering much. What a waste. Only when I saw some of the pictures, souvenirs, pickups and leftovers then I remembered the in-betweens.

Anyway, this was actually a very last minute decision considering my sister just came home for her two-weeks mid break and wanted it to be spent fairly. And Johore seemed interesting haha.

One thing about me is, my love for food is immensely unbelievable, but I wouldn't say I eat everything though. Found one interesting 'saying' on twitter the other day that sounded quite funny and true every bit, only it doesn't entirely describe me. The saying goes "my life is a constant battle between my love of food and not wanting to get fat". See what I mean? I was obviously witnessed (in my previous post) by someone as fat, so.

Moving on. We decided to stop by Malacca for their Asam Pedas, as I was craving for it like mad. Tried to cook one myself, but the taste wasn't that similar haha.
En route to Bandar Penawar, we then stopped by Johor Bharu for its newly infamous outlets - The Johor Premium Outlets. Turned out it's not that bad at all and I kinda like it. Although it's not as good  as Bicester Village (Oxford) or La Vallee Village (Paris), but I'll give it some credits, and hopefully it'll grow to be as good as them, if not better.
If only I can, I would love to go back to Bicester. This brings back a lot of memories :)
 Of course, the joy does not stop here. Checked-in into the resort in Desaru later that evening and enjoyed the slide pool the next morning. It was so much fun, we forgot that we're probably among the few who are in our twenties. The guilt only comes after a lot of kids were queuing behind us on our fifth round haha. Sliding like there's no tomorrow, all I did was shouted 'woo-hoo' pretty much like everybody does on a roller-coaster ride hehe.
And ATV rides in the evening :) With keropok lekor and beach sight! Johor at its best.
Don't mind my weird face. The phobia of being 'touched' by my driving teacher hasn't gone, so.
Had a really really really great time here.
And tomorrow is Legoland! Hehe :D

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Enjoy much? haha.. I wanna visit Johore wholeheartedly! Been to Danga Bay for a night and was a so-so trip. Let's go somewhere! :)

Unknown said...

Enjoy Much? Haha.. I wanna have holidays too! Let's go somewhere! Do you still remember that we planned to go somewhere? hehe

Unknown said...

Enjoy much? hehe So much fun! Let's go somewhere together! :)

Nik Alya said...

@ Lim Pei Zhe
Lol! You excited much? Sent comments thrice! Yes I still remember our little plan to go somewhere! Let's! Anytime we're both free :)

@isHaH@but@lib said...

Kelakar nyaa yg psl slide pool hehehe. Dah lama sgt tak pegi bercuti dgn fmily. Selalu xcukup ahli hehe.

Hows legoland btw? Ahh jeles!

Nik Alya said...

@ @isHaH@but@lib
Hahaha kan! I liked it too, the slide pool. So so so much fun! Yea, kitorang pun pergi tak cukup korum haha, but went anyways. And you should too!

I'll write a post about it soon enough! Just waiting for em pictures from the other camera, which is not with me currently :)