Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Anonymous jerks.

"You English sucks, so don't even tried!"

; "And I suppose yours is any better?"

Have you ever had anyone say that to you through comments? And that comments are most likely to be made by an anonymous? Or worse, straight to your face?

I was searching for forums the other day, and came across one that discussed about the use of English in our Malay society, and how the impact of it reflects our job interviews and such. And it was also written that, many university students these days have very poor command of English. Those people are said to be Teachers/Tutors, so erm, they would know. But, given that you're not a teacher, tell me you can still get the rough idea of how bad the situation is, right?

All this while, our government decided to have Maths and Science subjects be taught in English, and everyone made a fuss about it. But when our fresh graduates failed to secure jobs because they have got poor English, no one bats an eyelid?

The thing is, how can we expect people who, not poor btw, but have less than perfect grasp of the language to try and speak with confidence, when you anonymous bastards, trolling around the internet searching for pages you can make fun of, and constantly saying things like 'English kau buruk doh, tulis je lah dalam bahasa melayu, kita kan orang melayu, tak payah nak malu-malu'.

Trust me, I'm not a big fan of excessive grammatical error either, and I'm not proud of what I always did if ever I hear one. To those who knew me, you guys should know, right? I'm not saying at all that my English is superb, but at least I try, and so are the others, and that is way better than not making any effort at all, or even mock people who tries for that matter. I know some comments are made to point out the errors they made, but please point it out in the least discouraging way.

And oh, I very much prefer to read Facebook statuses written in poor grammar rather than those like this;

hAri nI nAk bWaT ApeW YeWr? jOm kUwAr ngAn Aq. hUhU~~~

Seriously, can we even regard that as Bahasa Melayu? And can somebody please, tell me, what on earth does 'huhu' means? It's extremely annoying to the extent I will smash my head with my calculus book every time I heard that.

4 comments:

Mira said...

betowl betwol.aq pown tark sukew org buwat status macamniew doww.annoying kowt.durhhhh
oh, patut la fb aku peaceful je these days.aku baru sedar aku dah hide dorang.haha!

Nik Alya said...

HAHAHAHA! kau memang kejam amirah izham! salute!

N said...

kitew pon samer la tak sukew org buat status camnieh, cam apelaaar dowang tuhh kan. tuihtuihtuih.

huhu is haha in gedik version.

oh n i already block n delete all that kind of people from my frenlist, semak dow. bukannya dia sedar pon kewujudan ak dlm frenlist dia. hahaha

Nik Alya said...

tuihtuihtuih hahaha comel.
join la aku niez, delete je :)