Friday, June 25, 2010

Bedtime Stories

Photobucket

Today was spent by cleaning and clearing the bookshelves, again. It took me by surprise to see all those many, many books we owned. Though, there are some from the library, un-returned books. I’m pretty sure everyone has one in their house. And our mini library has all sorts of reading materials, from child craft’s, creative innovative, magic, politics, novels, dictionaries, etc.

And believe me, almost 30 percent of the books are Islamic. Of course we have the Iqra’ and Quran, but also, we have all those tajwid and tauhid as well. And my dad likes buying Islamic books regarding our Prophets, the old Islamic communities, the Dos and Don’ts in Islam, Aurah, Husband and Wife duties, AND How to please your husband? Gosh, I couldn’t imagine the contents. Aside, he also collects novels from the best seller’s. Rich Dad Poor Dad, Satanic Verses, To Kill a Mocking Bird, The Secret, Who Moved My Cheese? It is all fun stuff to read, and mostly quite hilarious.

In my Mom’s section, it is all learning stuff. Management, history, language, principles, all the stuff that made you sleep by the first page. But she doesn’t read much like my Dad. And same like us students, she only reads when and only when she has exams coming up. She has a Master in Management, but her daughter barely gets an A. I wonder how she would react if she finds out. Blergh.

My favourite is Stories for Bedtime my uncle gave me. The book is big with big writings and big pictures. EVERYTHING is big! Maybe, that is why this site is filled pictures all over HEHE:D And every night, I will always repeat on the same story: The Twelve Dancing Princess, The Three Billy Goats Gruff, Hansel and Gretel, The Ugly Duckling and The Elves and the Shoemaker. As I grew older, my Dad asked me to read the dictionary, and he said “It’s not impossible to memorize them”. So I did, almost. By the time I was twelve, the words and meanings started to fade. And by now, I forgot everything HAHA!

Oh, there are also some medical books from my Dad’s first year as a medical student. Unfortunately, the acorn only falls on Aimi. Hehe.




p/s: my sister likes Ronaldo. eew

4 comments:

NisaKhirudin said...

"like us students, she only reads when and only when she has exams coming up"

haha. same here! eh, my dad ada buku rich dad poor dad jugak. and we dont have the how to please you husband book at home. can i borrow that one from you? MUAHAHAHA

Nik Alya said...

HAHA! nisa, nisa.

NisaKhirudin said...

so, gelak tu tanda kasi pinjam ke apa? HAHAHA

Nik Alya said...

HAHA! i dont think so, nisa. dorang letak buku tu dalam bilik dorang. and we children are not allowed to enter the master bedroom muahaha!