The game was awesome. Since it was my first time going, I was a little psyched, well most of us are. We played round robin for the first round, and next was carried on from the winners for each group, until final. Even third and fourth place was decided by the ‘best of three’. God blessed, we manage to go for final and brought back silver. Gold maybe next year, who knows ey. Inshallah.
Skills and techniques may be the top two factors needed for this game, but one must know that LUCK must always comes along. Who knows maybe you get to ace every time you serve? Maybe your down the line was superb? Maybe your cross court is just a little too far to return? Maybe your drop dead slice was as quick as snapping your fingers? Or maybe your overhead was just too high on the sky? Hmm?? Who knows.
Well, about a month ago, somebody told me that I was always lucky not to have met anybody outstanding in any of my games outside school. And that it’s a shame that I never won, or tried harder, or focused more, yada yada. That particular person said those words, those annoying hurtful words, right after I was defeated in my last game. What an encouragement ey? And little did the hideous-behavior person know that my opponent was very good. She might not be a well-known player, but she was a tough fighter, a very good one indeed. And guess what, she even qualified to be in the ace program. So you tell me.
But the God is just. That person was given the almost exact opponent as mine in the next game. And boy, did it kills? Hell yes! I was more than happy to see what was happening. That somebody did way worse than I was. Thank YOU, that is all I asked. Wait, it got even better. As usual, after the game, that being will always nag, nag, and nag about the game and the opponent. But the coach ignored. And as he was looking at me smiling, I knew from that moment, we have reached our understandings. My heart was smiling, jumping, yelling, you name it.
As one of the old Malay saying goes,
“Ketuk dulang paku sepih,
Kata orang, dia yang lebih.”
Betul tak? :)
I played my cards well. And now I’m happy to announce, I’M FUCKING RELIEVED! Served you right, sucker! *evil laugh HAHA*



Guitar Hero style just before the final game. (T-shirts sponsored by CyberSecurity)
1 comment:
strike for gold next year.i know u cann!! i wish i cud play tennis tooooooooooooooooooooooo =((
Post a Comment