Sunday, June 06, 2010

Lagenda Budak Setan

It’s a Love Story. Guess I figured that out only after the movie has ended. And yes, I was bonded up until I lost track of finding the flaws. Many have said that this movie brings out the best of the novel and it has proven by the millions of viewers. Definitely a must watch local movie!

I think the title gave a different meaning than the actual content of this novel adaptation movie, no? Lagenda, legend is supposed to mean something heroic or epic that ends up with death or something. Exhibit A: The Legend by Will Smith. Or at least that’s what I thought.

As usual, and like there’s nobody else to be the MAN of the show, Farid Kamil was the hero. I always have problems with his acting. Its either he’s too eager to be the bad guy, or too humble to be the nice one. Either way, he’s trying so hard and it looks fake. Plus, God-knows-what’s-wrong with the director, every bit of the play was a close-up. Makes me feel a little nauseous to see Farid Kamil’s moon-crack face. But, nobody’s perfect, so yeah. Meanwhile, the second hero was Que Haidar. The always excellent actor, though he gets a pretty insane character every time. He played the lunatic husband of the heroine. And boy was he crazy? Definitely YES! Though, the hitting part was kinda terrifying,but REAL! Whoa.

Lisa Surihani and the new actress, Syiqin Kamal, played the heroine character, where Lisa was the one before the accident, and Syiqin after. Well, I wouldn’t want to spill everything here since not everybody has watched the movie. And you should go! Now! The funny part was, Syiqin was definitely taller and bigger than Lisa, and they have completely different teeth structure and Syiqin is darker. But they did a very good job with the voice doubling thingy, mimicking is it?

Meanwhile, my favorite actress was on the screen, Fazura! And somehow she reminded me of Blair Waldorf HAHA. Haihh, what a cutey. Both of them! If nobody was there, in the theatre room, I would scream I LOVE YOU FAZURAAAAAAAA!!!!! *melt*

At first, I thought the hero was the one to die, since I heard someone talked about it. But then my sister, who have read the novel and was excited to see the movie (like I was when Twilight first came out), said it was Lisa, or Syiqin for that matter. But the movie went so smooth, I forgot somebody’s dying. And the way she died was so sudden. I mean, if it happens the real way, the doctor might have said something before, wouldn't he? Hmph.

All in all, the movie was okay, though it seemed like the director scrunched the whole novel into that tiny two hours time, with all the little details left out, but it was okay. Definitely a must watch. And I noticed they were playing the same sad song the entire movie. AND IT WAS SAD.

So, definitely a must watch! Okay I’ve said that thrice now. DEFINITELY A MUST WATCH!!
Photobucket



p/s: I’ve started to buy Cleo again, after 3 years. And it feels good to see new goods again. Especially shoes! :)

3 comments:

@isHaH@but@lib said...

perghh, kalau dah aL recommend sampai 3 kali, ni mesti best gilo meh. Local film struck alya's heart. nak tengok, tapi kekangan masa bah.

Nik Alya said...

hmm:) tu lah. mesti tengok! pergi pergi !!

ejasmi said...

downlaod lah t..hehhehe