Ever stumbled upon a particular song that reminds you of someone or something in the past? Well, I did. And it happens most of the time. No, it’s not because I have nothing to do but it’s just that I easily attached to music and those with profound meaning to me keeps me smiling throughout the entire song. And yes, I do believe that this is how I keep connected with the past.
I Don’t Want to Miss a Thing | Aerosmith: had a good time during a night out with Aliah and Ramizah where we blasted this song in a car when it was played on the radio. We failed to hit the high note but hey, we still nailed the song okay.
Part of the List | Ne-yo: Serra Nasir. You know why. All the recording sessions in the car, and not to mention the extra “Kanan la, kanan!” hehe.
Hatin' On The Club | Rihanna: Afiq Azlan ngahaha :D Okay this one is not that hilarious but it left a pretty bold mark on us, Sera, Izat and I. It was the night of craziness in the car when we heard this song. And this song was pretty new on the list, so none of us had any idea of what song this is, whats more who sang it. Then suddenly, Afiq said "ni hatin' on the club". Sera "sapa nyanyi?". Afiq "Rihanna." and we were like ... whoa!
Knock You Down | Keri Hilson & Kanye West & Ne-yo: Neyyo taknak. Kanye West pun taknak. Jay-Z jeeee nak. "Keep rockin' and keep knockin'!" :DD kan Haziq Salleh?
Kiss Me Through The Phone | Soulja Boy: Diyana Ghazali. She was crazy about this song once. And that was last short semester when she had just begun her relationship with Fitri. She would sing this song nonstop, even when playing tennis. And there’s one time when we went for overnight after the tennis tournament, and she even shisha-ed the whole one bottle on her own, and she was high. Like really high. But once she hears this song, she started being a lunatic and screaming this song. So I guess you could imagine how.
Bubbly | Colbie Caillat: Faris Ismail. No particular reason.
Break It Off | Sean Paul & Rihanna: My dearest roommate, Izzati Nasir. If you must know, this girl, Izzati, she used this song as her alarm ring tone. Sharp at half past six every morning, I will hear this song without demand. But of course, I am already awake that time, and would most likely to be the one who turns off her alarm, and that is if I’m not in my prayer. But one day, one amusing day, the alarm breaks off, and she, as usual, ignored it. Then I heard something fell, gedebuk. So her phone must have fallen off the bed. The funny thing is, she always put her phone on the safe side of the bed, which is the wall side. So imagine if it falls, then the phone must fell under the bed, which is between the little square frames under the mattress. With her half-awake, she groveled under the bed looking for her phone. I sneaked a peek into her compartment, and was laughing my ass off.
And recently,
Semoga Abadi | Misha Omar: Nur Alia Muhammad. I never knew this song until she sang it one day in our room. And that got me caught on it, coz boy, she sang beautifully. What’s funny for me is, she didn’t realize I had taken off my earphone that time and was listening to her unfailingly when she stopped singing, so I asked her to sing again. Then she blushed and said “Lah, Kak Al dengar ke tadi? Ish jangan la. Malu la saya. Nak tidur la camni.” So she went straight to bed, just for the sake of avoiding me.
So, any particular song that gives you reasons to smile? :)
p/s: maybe I'll update more when I remember.
4 comments:
wooooooooot o_O
hahaha DAMN.
hahahaha kanan la kanan !
Jay-Z,it was me..
yg nanyi lagu 'helo' tu kan..??
hahahaha
Post a Comment