When I arrived, the house was all set up, only a little bit more to be done. And I did what I can do to help, though it wasn’t that much, sorry Diy. I can’t believe my eyes to see the whole house turned soft pink + white, compared to the original form, and it was all done by them, the family members. Amazing, I said to myself, and it only took them two weeks. Really, it was mesmerizing. The dais inside the house arrived only 2 days earlier and it was decorated perfectly, with chandelier! Hehe:) before everybody came, I got to know everyone in her family, except her brother which is extra shy, and of course all them was lovely and the father is very funny and extra friendly.
It all started when the Mak Andam came to prepare the bride (as she was all excited already, and can’t wait to get married!), then bit by bit, the relatives started to show up. Supposedly, the ceremony starts at 3.30, but the groom’s side showed up sharp at three. So I guess she’s not the only one excited, huh? Memang sepadan HAHA. They, the groom’s side, slowly make an appearance at the front door of the house and politely settled down, waiting for the Tok Kadi and the bride to come down. I think I saw the bride’s father and the groom have a little chat, just to break the nerves, who knows right? But maybe I was wrong hehe. Then at 3.30, the Tok Kadi came, then the bride comes down, and the ceremony was officially begun.
At first, as it is compulsory, the Tok Kadi gave a little talk on something about marriage, and both of the bride and groom had to listen. And then, the attention turned to the groom as he had to read a few lines of marriage and divorce rules, according to Islam of course. And my favourite moment came when the father has to make the let-go-of-the-bride legally. I cried aww. I wonder how will I face this with my actual sisters, haihh. It must be so hard on Diy too. Then, the most important part of the solemnization was held. And it was Diy’s turn to cry hehe. I can see her mother almost cried too, but overwhelmed happiness took over her feelings:)
And the rest, oh well, pictures will tell.
Oh by the way, the food was awesome! I ate a whole plate of grilled lamb, and how surprisingly, I was full. No, this can’t be happening. I CANNOT be eating little portion, that doesn’t suit or work for me. NO! urghh.







The doorgifts

Bunga Rampai

Tepak Sirih

Strawberry *yummy*

The Wedding Cake

The rest of the hantaran

The bouquet

The Bride

(ps: sorry for the broken picture)


... and us girls :)

ps: All of the pictures were taken by camera phone hehe:)
1 comment:
btw i didn't find any chatbox on ur page too so i guess i'll just drop my comment anywhere, sorry.. >.<
and no ure not rude at all, feel free to ask anything, it's obvious we never know each other, you see im just bored so trolling on random peoples blog is a nice way to kill time.. haha..
p/s: please believe me, im not a stalker.. >.<
Post a Comment