Monday, September 14, 2009

Finally

Ahh, it is so nice to finally eat my mom’s home cook. It’s been so long since I last taste it. Any Mamak around our house would usually do the job since she has to work double hours these past few years, and her age does not encourage her to work that much, so I think it’s pretty obvious she cut out the cooking job part that does not bring any income. Haihh. And she would cook once awhile if there is any occasion or event or gathering, so today was not an exception to one of those facts. Her younger sister a.k.a. my aunt came today to break the fast with us before we head back to our separate village this year.

Today, mom’s cook was rather simple. Not as fancy as the previous occasions I’ve posted. Today’s theme was Malay, sort of. We had Sambal Udang, Ayam Goreng Rempah, Ikan Bakar Percik, and some of the others I can’t remember. My stomach was just so full to swallow everything, and I regretted every single drop of her sweats on making those yummy dishes haihh. Sorry Mom.

Well well, talking about foods and eating, I remembered this one time when Sera wanted to cut her cucumber (in Nasi Lemak) and it wouldn’t cut off, so she said:

“Jangan la, aku nak makan kau ni.”

And I was laughing my ass off that instant. Because in my mind, it was translated as if she wanted to eat some chicken, and had to chase the chicken because it ran away from her.

And there was another time, I can’t recall when. It was Izat who tried to tease me and I accidently said:

“Eh mulut kau ni, aku sumbat cibai kang!”

(Note: the real word is cabai and cibai is rather something else)

And another one recently, my sister asked my dad where did the word ‘percik’ come from, and he replied:

“It was mat salleh who gave the name. He wanted to buy the gravy-chicken, so he asked ‘how much is per-chick?’ and so the Malays follow the mat salleh.”

My sister, “What’s the real name for ayam percik then?”

My dad, “Ayam Salai Berkuah Santan”

6 comments:

Sera said...

HAHAHA this one is daaaaaaaaaamn interesting ! sumpah aku gelak guling2 dohh

PutraRocker said...

hahaahahhaahaah,...cibai betull..nk sumbat pn kol la aku dlu..wahahah
per chick aym salai berkuantan..o_O

Afiq said...

kah3. Ayam Salai Berkuah Santan. mmg kreatif ar name nih. Sok nk beli ar kt bazar ayam percik gune name ni.

"makcik, makcik...Ayam Salai Berkuah Santan satu.."

mesti makcik tu blur gile.

haha.

Sera said...

haih afiq, kau jgn buat malu keluarga tanya kat makcik tu camtuuu hahahaha

Diyana said...

hahahha lawak gila! tak tahan yang sera cakap "jangan la, aku nak makan kau ni" kat timon.

haha!

Anonymous said...

ahaha!

ohh..speaking about cibai..i had one time with my friend where we were discussing and i wanted to tell her how the party is going to be like;

'ala..cibai-cibai jerr..'

and my friend was like: o.O HUH??

i wanted to say cikai.. =.=