Get right up in her face and tell her you demand leisure time. Okay, that's a bit much, but you can probably take some leisure time without being a jerk about it. It's as simple as taking fifteen minutes here and two minutes there.
In my oblivious opinion, there is a reason why people are addicted to smoking and it's not just the nicotine. They get to go outside and take a break from all the tense. I find it funny to see a group of smokers huddled on a cold day, but they're out there because it gives them a chance to have their drugs and leisure time. And sometimes, I joined them. Not for the nicotine, just a company of drugs for some me time. And they'd be looking at me the one weirdo who came into the smoking room without a cigarette in hand lol.
Why should we care about our relationship to leisure, you ask?
Too often, leisure time that is not used in a satisfying way turns into idle time, or is used to do a single thing to excess, like overeating, or annoying other people, which leads to internal conflict. Or in my case, doing noting at home for the past couple of months have resulted to basically doing everything there is in the house on repetition, which also resulted in throwing tantrums for no reason. Also, wouldn't it be great if we didn't define ourselves by our work? It should be just as valid to define ourselves by our leisure.
My cousin saw me the other day and she asked "are you off today?" I told her I quit my job and she replied with a smirk on her face while uttering "right. It's even a miracle seeing you with us now. Don't joke". That startled me. Oh well.
Well screw all that. I quit. And the first thing I did was planning a getaway.
Never in my mind that I would have a group getaway, let alone planning I with anyone in particular. But I was fortunate. Thank heavens there were not one but two crack minded blokes who were willing to go along with my insanity. Allahuakbar, Allah is great nonetheless.
So it's Kinabalu below our feet.
Tanjung Aru beach from the Harbour Resort.
Aiskrim goreng love :)
Sapi Island from the jetty view.
Don't feed the monkeys!
who knew maggie can taste so good in the weather.
That is Gaya Island, the base of the zipline activity (flying fox from Gaya to Sapi). Sorry the picture is broken kiki.
Manukan Island from inside the water!
and thank you Su for the camera!
Nina too concentrate on the fishes, she brought home coral parasite wounds :(
hehe :)
Ghost story telling like we were still living in dorms hahaha
A little snippet on the underwater view.
That is one of the rooms in the Memorial Hall.
Ground hunting up north on Kinabalu mountain and the surroundings.
A valley in front of the memorial.
I insisted on posing in the New Zealand farm with a box of milk. Would actually prefer a smaller box but they're out of it :(
And of course, why flew thousands of miles away if you don't try their everyday foods? My reason for living.
In my oblivious opinion, there is a reason why people are addicted to smoking and it's not just the nicotine. They get to go outside and take a break from all the tense. I find it funny to see a group of smokers huddled on a cold day, but they're out there because it gives them a chance to have their drugs and leisure time. And sometimes, I joined them. Not for the nicotine, just a company of drugs for some me time. And they'd be looking at me the one weirdo who came into the smoking room without a cigarette in hand lol.
Why should we care about our relationship to leisure, you ask?
Too often, leisure time that is not used in a satisfying way turns into idle time, or is used to do a single thing to excess, like overeating, or annoying other people, which leads to internal conflict. Or in my case, doing noting at home for the past couple of months have resulted to basically doing everything there is in the house on repetition, which also resulted in throwing tantrums for no reason. Also, wouldn't it be great if we didn't define ourselves by our work? It should be just as valid to define ourselves by our leisure.
My cousin saw me the other day and she asked "are you off today?" I told her I quit my job and she replied with a smirk on her face while uttering "right. It's even a miracle seeing you with us now. Don't joke". That startled me. Oh well.
Well screw all that. I quit. And the first thing I did was planning a getaway.
Never in my mind that I would have a group getaway, let alone planning I with anyone in particular. But I was fortunate. Thank heavens there were not one but two crack minded blokes who were willing to go along with my insanity. Allahuakbar, Allah is great nonetheless.
So it's Kinabalu below our feet.
Tanjung Aru beach from the Harbour Resort.
Aiskrim goreng love :)
Sapi Island from the jetty view.
Don't feed the monkeys!
who knew maggie can taste so good in the weather.
That is Gaya Island, the base of the zipline activity (flying fox from Gaya to Sapi). Sorry the picture is broken kiki.
Manukan Island from inside the water!
and thank you Su for the camera!
Nina too concentrate on the fishes, she brought home coral parasite wounds :(
hehe :)
Ghost story telling like we were still living in dorms hahaha
That is one of the rooms in the Memorial Hall.
Ground hunting up north on Kinabalu mountain and the surroundings.
A valley in front of the memorial.
I insisted on posing in the New Zealand farm with a box of milk. Would actually prefer a smaller box but they're out of it :(
And of course, why flew thousands of miles away if you don't try their everyday foods? My reason for living.

No comments:
Post a Comment