As promised, this is the continuous post of the last. Literally, the trip continues here as the previous post was already too long if I were to continue with this one in one post.
Before I forget, we took a day trip for this one, using the Scotland day trip ticket which you can purchase at any of their train stations at any part of Scotland. And with your student ID, of course you'll cheaper price! So we picked a few places (more like small villages / cities) that we don't wanna spend so much time on but love to see 'em. So we went to Lanarkshire, where in the past post you've seen the New Lanark World Heritage Site, Gourock, Kilwinning, Largs, and West Kilbride. Unfortunately for Kilwinning and West Kilbride, there isn't much to see, so we just browse through without snapping any pictures, and have ice cream instead haha.
Truth be told, we don't exactly know what to do, or rather what to look at, at these cities we went. But you know what they say, "at least you've been there and see them". Well, here I am then, BEing here and SEEing them. Haha.
Just a random shot at the road side of the small village of Lanarkshire. Was on our way back to the train station to continue the trip.
This is the train! ScotRail - Scotland's Railway. Pretty no? Hehehe :)
View from inside the train, what pretty houses they have ergh.
So we're here in Gourock. The name is weird, I know. But the place is pretty, so who cares!
Gourock it self is pretty small, where I stand is the town, which you can finish walking around them for not more than an hour, and the rest of the city is the housing area. It's an amazingly civilised city albeit the size.
That's Kakak Amni having sandwich for lunch, I had mini pies! Hehe :D
Funny thing when buying our lunch at the mini store, the cashier said something like this,
"Would you like a plastic bag?"
... and all I heard was,
"Would you like a bicycle?"
Pardon my poor hearing, but that was exactly what I heard even though I've asked him to repeat thrice! Boy, their accent is killing me. So far, only Glasgow and Edinburgh people gave me no trouble in communicating.
Tips on this? Nada. Zip. Zero. Zilch. Sorry folks.
Continue walking ... as usual.
Having one of those 'what am I doing here?' moments. Like seriously.
I think this is the post office. I think.
Kakak Amni and her fake smile. Obviously she's tired haha.
Leaving Gourock.
The only picture of Kilwinning. Proof that I've been here hahahaha.On the way to Largs! See that wind turbine? Hehe.
We're here, we're here!
Another small town. But I wouldn't say this one is as small as Gourock, it's about twice the size.
Simply because it's cute! A barber shop!
Nothing much, this house kinda reminded me of the movie Narnia. The Beaver's house, because it's quite short hahaha.
Oh, this town is by the sea. Beautiful is it not?
Look at those flat houses! It's so so so lovely.
Just a retard shot.
This thing, brings cars to the other side of the sea. Just like Penang before the bridge.
Guess who's on the phone? It's our Dad! Calling all the way from Malaysia checking up on us. How delightful.
Anaknya tak pernah teringat nak call hehehe.
The cruise that brings you around I forgot where haha.
Nothing really. The place was just too pretty not to snap all the time.
See that white building behind me? That's a cafe where we had our fish and chips for dinner.
Oh, she wants a shot too.
This! My daily dose of happiness haha.
Tip in staying warm in this cold, cold weather. Always, always, always flush yourself out whenever possible. Trust me, you'll feel much better.
Happy face leaving Largs after a great meal.
See you again, Largs!
West Kilbride Station.
And our camera died after that. Hahaha.
A little stupidity on my side when visiting Largs.
I sheepishly smiled at a drunk old man, and he followed us everywhere until we outran him at one corner. Kakak Amni was furious hahaha. Of course she can tell that he was drunk because she's familiar with those kinds back on her days as a 7eleven cashier once. How can I tell, no? Don't blame me hehe :p
Next Post: Edinburgh
No comments:
Post a Comment