Today, I woke up to a gentle cold breeze blowing through my window, with birds chirping alongside. Yes, I left the window opened from last night. So I hover for a moment, embrace this occasional wind blow in this summer’s heat, found myself smiling ear to ear wriggling in my blanket, until I remembered the laundry I have set to do this morning. But no matter, I said to myself, this is going to be a beautiful day.
So I went downstairs only to find mom cooking, preparing for lunch, not that it’s already afternoon. But I’m guessing we’re having companies later. My old woman, who finds cooking as a sort of therapy.
To the person who’s always ahead of time in keeping her family fed and well taken care, to the person who taught me how to walk, to the person I have most of my fights with, to the person who cooks an amazing food a person can taste, to the person who waited patiently through my rebellious years, to the one person whom I know I can’t live without, through tears and laughter, trophies and failure; I love you Mom.
Happy Mother’s Day.

5 comments:
awwwwwwwwww so sweet! I just called my mom awhile ago. She was busy preparing to dress well for a dinner with my Dad. PFFT!
@ AimanAriffin
awh, thanks. tak perlu jeles2 ye, your time will come jugak nanti. one day, inshallah:)
Today, I woke up to a gentle cold breeze blowing through my window, with birds chirping alongside.
err, where do you live?
its bloody hot in kl. X)
oh, happy mothers day!
wow..nak nangis baca..hehehhe
@ Arief Arf
Haha. Yeah I know kl is hot now, but it's one of those lucky days. Maybe its mothers day blessings :p
@ EjaFared
Alolo jangan la nangis :D
Post a Comment