Thursday, April 21, 2011

Letter to Romeo.

As I sat by the pond playfully dipping a little part of my toe in the water, wave my left hand to the wind’s blow, and tilt my head up to the sky whilst eyes closed, my mind wanders to one of the busiest day last two terms where stepping foot in the computer lab was the only chance I don’t have to speed up my hour and checking mails was a bliss.

The wind blows gently, comforting the wrinkle on my face as I swiftly change my expression to a humble grin and recalling the exact same reaction when I saw an email from you.

Secretly hoping no one would hear my funny chuckle, I opened the mail. My clouds were pink and everybody else disappeared into thin air. I can see my friend on the opposite table talking to me about something which I thought was not important at that time, but I could not hear a thing – it was delightful.

After reading through every word in your mail, I was even more delectable to the extent I don’t know how to reply; afraid it might ruin the day. Because you know, I’m not much into words as lovely as yours. So I sat there, staring at the screen that holds every bit of your existence that has captivated my affection.

A drop of rain falls onto my cheek, and for the first time it felt good. It was reality. I don’t need anybody to pinch me now for I know it wasn’t a dream anymore. The rain started to pour heavily so I ran home. Upon entering the door, I stopped for awhile and run my hands through the rain water that falls from the roof, wet my face with it and say ‘Thank you’. Thank you, God.

I’m sorry I’m not a hopeless romantic like you.
I’m sorry I never have the right words.
I’m sorry I didn’t show that I care.
I’m sorry I don’t tolerate you.

But I will be honest.
I will respect you for who you are.
I will learn to put a smile in your heart.
Most importantly, I will be me.

Your summer.

6 comments:

nur said...

its so not u al..haha..tp sgt sweet..

AimanAriffin said...

I have definitely fallen in love with your writing :)

Unknown said...

sweet!!!!!!!!!!! ko ni sies mmg terror dowh wat mcm ni.napa xleyh shre kt fb?? kalau tak dh lama aku share! suka2!

aku pulak exited!hahaha!

Nik Alya said...

izat - hehe *malu* :))

aiman - thank you, but don't get your hopes up ey!

hamiza - oh i tend to keep it only here, but thank you for the thought!

@isHaH@but@lib said...

The last 2 paragraphs is exactly what I am feeling right now. Huu. It's so beautiful how you put your feelings in word. I admire you laa :)

Nik Alya said...

ooo aishah ada special someone! ahh thanks btw, hehe:)